List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC: change 'Save session for future logins' text.
From:       Matthias Ettrich <ettrich () trolltech ! com>
Date:       2002-04-19 9:45:23

On Friday 19 April 2002 10:05, Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 19, 2002 at 02:13:40AM +0100, Rik Hemsley wrote:
> > Many users seem to have trouble understanding what 'Save session for
> > future logins' actually means.

[snip]

> Maybe that should be combined with a good session manager dialog that
> allows for multiple sessions to be named/saved.

Supporting multiple sessions is on my list for 3.1.  But we need to figure out
how to do that in terms of usability without  confusing the users even more.

Eventually it will boil down to something like "Save session as" and an
editable combo box to select or add a name, one being <default>.

This is the reason why I'd like to have the term "session" in there. Using
Rik's new wording can make the "save as" more difficult.

Matthias