List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KMediaPlayer Interface
From:       Richard Moore <rich () xmelegance ! org>
Date:       2002-04-06 22:55:47

On Saturday 06 April 2002 1:03 am, Neil Stevens wrote:
> On Friday April 05, 2002 05:21, Richard Moore wrote:
> > - The interface should be defined as dcop interface as well as a c++
> > class.
>
> Yay, more to learn. :-)

I wrote a tutorial on this a while back which might help, take a look at
http://developer.kde.org/documentation/tutorials/dot/dcopiface/dcop-interface.html
beware of the poor choice of colours I used for the stylesheet though. ;-)

> > - It would be nice if you could add some Q_PROPERTY declarations so the
> > properties of the media object can be manipulated via its properties.
>
> What's that about?

Take a look at http://doc.trolltech.com/3.0/properties.html adding support for
these means that apps can use the property support in DCOP, and also makes
scripting your object easier.

Cheers

Rich.