List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: khtml and mathml
From:       Ellis Whitehead <kde () ellisw ! net>
Date:       2002-04-01 4:32:48

On Sunday 31 March 2002 17:51, Andreas Schlapbach wrote:
> How can/should we proeed? You is doing what?

IMHO it's not a good idea for more than a couple people to work on this until
there's a certain code-base in cvs.  I've already implemented enough of the
spec to properly displaying a lot of simple formulas.  The code will surely
have to undergo a couple more design reiterations before it makes sense for
others to try extending it, though.

I'd like to start integrating it with khtml.  Given the fact that a document
may have many MathML objects, speed is a concern.  I'm not using KFormula
right now, but that may change.  What is the most speed-efficient way to
embed a MathML widget in khtml, and how can the current font, color, and css
information be relayed to it?

Thanks,
Ellis