List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kreateCD -> kdenonbeta
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () planescape ! com>
Date:       2002-03-30 12:35:45

On Sat, Mar 30, 2002 at 12:37:50PM +0100, Holger Freyther wrote:
> Am Saturday 30 March 2002 15:25 schrieb Hetz Ben Hamo:
> > Umm, there is at least 1 more "competitor" in the CD Create area -
> > cdbakeoven...
> >
> > I think there should be some kind of decision which one of them will go
> > into the KDE CVS. Both "competitors" are already ported to QT-3/KDE-3..
> >
> > I would vote for the cdbakeoven (http://cdbakeoven.sourceforge.net) since
> > it's seems to me that its GUI design is the most easiest one for a Linux
> > newbie and for some people who don't understand CD recording at Linux at
> > all..
> Ok when the koncd discussion started I proposed the following.
> Put all competitors into kdenonbeta. Let them evolve until let's say 2 Weeks
> before KDE3.1 then we will test them and decide which one to use.
>
> IMHO not only usability counts. For me it's important how the application
> integrates into KDE and how the developer is intergrated into the developer
> community.

That can be done without importing as well.
Just subscribe yourself to the various MLs and listent to the different
applications-authors for yourself. Did you also consider that the author
should actually want to put it in CVS ?  In other words; what do they say?

IMO cdbakeoven looks better then most others.  (But the name is terrible)