List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kio_http speedup patch again
From:       "Dirk Mueller" <dirk.mueller () uni-kl ! de>
Date:       2002-03-30 12:07:13

On Sam, 30 Mär 2002, Rik Hemsley wrote:

> Here's my patch again, slightly altered from the last version, because I don't
> think we need a CC_VerifyNonLazy - the code in khtml (misc/loader.cpp) seems
> to force a reload at the right times anyway.

I still don't like it.

a) why is there that magic hardcoded 10 * 60 instead of using one of the
constants in slave_defaults.h ?

b) Why is there a time limit at _all_ ? IMHO the images should either be
reloaded every time or never.But making this based on some weird timing
stuff is nonsense. Everybody will consider this behaviour, when it makes
problems, to be a bug.

c) The only reason why it looks slow is because we're waiting for the
validation before we show the result. If that is the slow part, then this is
what we should fix. I don't understand why the actual I/O is that slow.

Dirk