List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Theming manager [was: Re: KDE 3.1]
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-03-29 20:28:48

On Friday 29 March 2002 11:52 am, Thomas Zander wrote:
> > Last time I checked that was exactly what the theme manager did.
>
> And the only thing wrong with that manager is that it;
> - does not do what it says it does. saving and reopening a style after lots
>   of tweaks forgets lots of old settings.

And you did not report that to bugs.kde.org because?

> - does not provide a nice way of 'installing' parts from the web
>    for example just a wallpaper section.

Other than selecting "wallpaper" in the contents section.

> - does not allow the user to create a partial theme.

Other than selecting the parts that you want to include in your theme in the
contents section before creating your theme.

> - is not really user friendly :} (for example; Uses too many names, not
>   pictures) probably more.

I am looking forward to hear your suggestions for improvement. Or even better,
patch it yourself directly, you have CVS access right?

I mean, the current theme manager might not be the greatest thing of all but
since I ported it to KDE 2.0 I have only heared people bitching about that we
need a better theme manager and nobody fixed anything in the theme manager
that we had or came with constructive suggestions how to improve it.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
bastian@kde.org  |   SuSE Labs KDE Developer  |  bastian@suse.com