List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE 3.1
From:       Jörg Walter <ehrlich () ich ! bin ! kein ! hoschi ! de>
Date:       2002-03-29 7:27:01

On Friday, 29. March 2002 00:36, Richard Moore wrote:

> > But if it is going in kdelibs or -base, what about renaming it after the
> > protocol like the other kioslaves? The "protocol"name could be ssh:/ or
> > scp:/, I favor ssh but others might claim that is a shell name. The
> > importent thing is that users should be able to guess it and "fish" is
> > not easy to guess.
>
> Fish /is/ the name of the protocol - it existed before the ioslave. I agree
> though that we should include a rewrite rule with the url shortcut stuff
> that makes ssh:// work too.

I agree. I know of three implementations (including mine), so it is not just a
virtual thing. however, from user feedback, I know that many try scp:// or
look for kio_scp (especially because there sort of exists such a thing, a
demo from some talk). scp has nothing to do with fish at all, but one couold
reasonably argue that it explains its function well.
Anyone got a pointer to this rewrite rule stuff (docs, source)?

--
CU
	Joerg

PGP Public Key at http://ich.bin.kein.hoschi.de/~trouble/public_key.asc
PGP Key fingerprint = D34F 57C4 99D8 8F16 E16E  7779 CDDC 41A4 4C48 6F94