List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: New features for Control Center
From:       Rob Kaper <cap () capsi ! com>
Date:       2002-03-29 7:51:01

On Thursday 28 March 2002 22:16, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> You could also try to re-use the Perl backends from the Ximian Setup Tools.
> They should be GUI independent and would be a nice way to unify all this
> stuff between the desktops. No idea how good this idea is though, it's just
> me thinking aloud :-)

See the KDE CVS module sysconfig.. Charles (Samuels) once started a project to
do exactly this. Not sure if he ever got very far with it, I don't think so.

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
cap@capsi.com | temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."