List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Looking for (KDE) lib/class to perform calculations
From:       Bo Thorsen <bo () sonofthor ! dk>
Date:       2002-03-25 9:53:15

On Monday 25 March 2002 10:01, Rik Hemsley wrote:
> #if Rob Kaper
>
> > Is there a class/method/lib in KDE/Qt to perform calculations?
> >
> > Something like KCalculator::calculate(const QString expression) or
> > something that let's me do int result = calculate( "(3*%1)+40" ).(30)
> > which will return 130..
>
> Have a look at 'spirit'. It allows you to write a parser in (very
> few lines of) pure C++.
>
> The examples include a calculator which seems to be almost exactly
> what you're looking for.

Please don't. As quite a lot of people have pointed out, a calculator parser
is pretty easy to do.

Send me some description on what is needed and where it should fit in, and I
offer to make the code during the next week. The most difficult thing in
doing this will be to figure out the koscript code/api, writing the actual
parser is not a problem.

Bo.

     Free software developer    |   5290 Marslev
     SuSE Labs                  |   Denmark