List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: collation of desktop spec issues
From:       Havoc Pennington <hp () redhat ! com>
Date:       2002-03-22 2:49:19

Waldo Bastian <bastian@kde.org> writes:
> Owen, do you think you can include this in the Desktop Entry Standard and,
> including the changes that we disussed earlier, publish this as v1.0?

I think the Icon field is still sort of unresolved, and the spec does
seem to contain a bunch of half-finished stuff about MIME types, which
should perhaps be removed.

I'd like to solve the Icon problem by basically just using the KDE
icon theme setup, perhaps Red Hat can even implement this for GNOME
(no promises but seems realistic). I have a mail tickmarked from David
Faure explaining how you interpret the Icon field, but I haven't had a
chance to sit down and convert it into a general thing.

To then fully unify the menus (and get rid of "GNOME menus"/"KDE
menus" submenus which I'd really like to do since I think they suck
for users), I believe we need to address George's vfolder proposal,
which is more of an undertaking. But we can do that post-1.0.

Havoc