List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: khtml
From:       Jelmer Feenstra <email () jelmer ! cc>
Date:       2002-03-21 20:22:27

On Thursday 21 March 2002 20:04, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> I for one like the current behaviour much better because pages tend to
> integrate a bit better with the rest of the GUI. If you would go for the
> 'standard', then buttons should be gray, just as scrollbars, and text
> should be black on white. Now if that doesn't feel out-of-place for
> anything but the default color scheme then I don't know.

Well, the browser window can be seen as an artistic environment, controlled by
the webdesigner. The problem is that the webdesigner often doesn't realize
there are folks who don't use the standard colorscheme (that comes with
windows or kde). The result is that pages look completely unbalanced and
artistically butt-ugly because of all the contrasting colors.

> That should be a tristate I guess: (1) Always use my colors (2) Use my
> colors when not defined in the page (3) Use default colors when not defined
> in the page.
>
> I would go for 2, Jelmer for 3 and visually impaired people definitely need
> 1 in many cases.

So all we need now is a toggle that can be set in konqueror's settings that
tells khtml to always use the 'normal' colorscheme as default colors for html
elements/text/background etc. Option 1 is already present in the form of
userdefineable stylesheets, right ?