List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: khtml
From:       Michael Reiher <michael.reiher () gmx ! de>
Date:       2002-03-21 19:05:59

Jelmer Feenstra schrieb:

> Forgive my ignorance, but what exactly has been fixed related to this ? I'm
Dirk fixed it some time ago, at least for the largest part of the pages. Must
have been this commit IIRC:
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-cvs&m=101518634419678&w=2.
However every now and then I find a page where it still doesn't work i.e. which
still shows text in the system std. text color. The only exapmle I know right
now is http://www.adobe.com.

> still seeing khtml render everything with system colors by default. So if
> some web master defines the background color (but not the text color) for his
> page, and I happen to have the same color for my default font in my KDE
> global color scheme, I still get unreadable text. This is with CVS HEAD one
This case for instance has been fixed. It uses hardcoded black now. An example
is the output of the info ioslave.

> day old. I'm still very much in favour of Charles' suggestion, making sure
> khtml uses it's own default colors for text, backgrounds, links, formfields
> etc etc.
I agree for text, backgrounds and links(allready possible) at least. However
Dirks fix hard coding the text color to black will do it for now. And for form
fields I'm kind of unsure. On the one hand I like them having the same color as
all other widgets. OTOH my online bank assumes edit fields having a white
background and sets the text color only to blue. Which is kinda hard to read on
a default darkblue background.

> Another more general problem with non-standard colorschemes, is that
> application like kmail & knode have listviews that use alternating colors -
> the background color can be set for the application, however the alternate
> color in the listview can not be set, effectively keeping the user from using
> a different, but still readable, colorscheme for these applications.
You can set it in the kcontrol color config dialog. I only found it after
looking at the source code. I admit it's somewhat unintuitive for the average
user;)

Greets

Michael