List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE 3.0 - Outstanding issues in terms of art
From:       Per Winkvist <nd96pwt () adeptus ! student ! hig ! se>
Date:       2002-03-11 9:52:17

> > Showstopper:
> >
> > - convincing good Splash Screen missing (the only good one I have seen
> > so far was done by Qwertz - but it was based on the assumption that
> > Keramik would be ready to be default for KDE 3.0).

I took Michel Stol's
<http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-core-devel&m=101265802121123&w=2> splash and
quickly added the service icons that we currently have today and split
the thing into files accepted by ksplash. The icons/text is a bit too
bright though...

http://www.student.hig.se/~nd96pwt/splash.png

http://www.student.hig.se/~nd96pwt/new_kde3_splash.tgz

Per