List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE Development Policy
From:       Matthias Welwarsky <matze () stud ! fbi ! fh-darmstadt ! de>
Date:       2002-03-09 16:02:38

Simon Hausmann wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 09, 2002 at 04:33:20PM +0100, Matthias Welwarsky wrote:
> >
> > How many people, do you think, actually read this mail? How many realized that
> > this libtool patch will break their build system? The original announcement did
> > not contain the slightest hint that it would break the current build system.
> > Man, what did you think would happen?
>
> How many people do you think would have downloaded and applied Michael's
> patch to test it? :)

Not many. I actually read the annoucement. I didn't try the patch. I simply wasn't
aware how it would affect my ability to build KDE. I usually assume that patches
posted on a list are technically correct, but that's not the point here.

However, if the annoucement had carried a big fat WARNING in red blinking letters,
some might have looked up. Perhaps they still might have ignored the patch. But if
you repeat a WARNING often enough you make sure you get at least some audience.

regards,
    Matze

--
Matthias Welwarsky