List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: PATCH: Multiple backends for libkabc
From:       Holger Freyther <freyther () gmx ! net>
Date:       2002-03-05 16:15:15

Am Monday 04 March 2002 00:16 schrieb Cornelius Schumacher:
> The attached patch adds the option to libkabc to attach different backends,
> e.g. a SQL database or a LDAP directory. The patch moves dependencies on
> the file backend behind an additional layer of Resource classes. There is
> an example class ResourceSql, which accesses data from an SQL database.
> It's not really useful at the moment, but it serves as a second case for
> testing the design.
>
> It would be good to add the patch before the 3.0 release, because otherwise
> we wouldn't be able to add it before the next binary incompatible release.
>
> Comments?

Hija,
besides Simons nit picking about 'const' where he's obvoiusly right I got one
item on my own :). it's in stdaddressbook.cpp? Do you really want this new
ResourceSQL in stdaddressbook.cpp? I guess not.
 How would an application find out if the
 Resource was loaded succesfull or the connection was lost? If I missed this
 part in your patch I'm sorry. But IMHO when using possible remote objects
 like databases, ldap recovering from errors and related stuff becomes an
issue.
Besides that your api even got better ;)

regards Holger 'zecke' Freyther

BTW I'm keen on your korganizer code for opie ;)