List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Pid for dcop
From:       Martijn Klingens <mklingens () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-03-03 12:12:36

On Sunday 03 March 2002 09:06, Charles Samuels wrote:
> I'de like to add a standard dcop function (to the qt object?) to get the
> pid of the process.  This is to make kdekillall work on non-linux systems.

Better make 100% sure then that the process is running on the local machine.
Currently kdekillall is based on 'ps' output IIRC, so you can't possibly kill
remote apps. But with using DCOP you might find a remote app and a pid and
then kill off a local process that happens to have the same pid.

Or am I overly concerned here?

> Would this be acceptable?

If it doesn't have side-effects for Linux you can't possibly make it worse as
kdekillall currently doesn't work if I understand you correctly. So, yes,
fine with me.

Martijn