List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Patch to KXMLGuiFactory
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2002-03-01 13:06:43

On Friday 01 March 2002 11:11, Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 01, 2002 at 05:54:13AM +0100, David Faure wrote:

> > > I don't think it belongs in production code.
> >
> > #ifndef NDEBUG then, maybe ?
>
> Thats fun; I have to compile kdelibs with debugging on to get this to work
> in koffice ?
Not "with debugging" as in "--enable-debug". Just with the default options,
i.e. not using --disable-debug.
Same for kdDebug BTW. But that's sometimes a bit annoying for 3rd-party developers.

Anyway, Waldo convinced me: this is not a good way to go. Yes, the .rc file
will be found, but what about the application's data files, global config files,
icons, etc. ? It would be much better that if we (e.g. XMLGUI) detect that the
application isn't installed, then we should pop up a dialog box saying
"please install me first".

http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~david/, http://www.konqueror.org/