List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    About text code autodetect
From:       Yutaka Nakadouzono <machiyuta () kde ! gr ! jp>
Date:       2002-02-22 19:13:30

Hi.

I have an idea for text code auto-detecting.

As global setting, prepare "text code auto-detecting setting dialog",
and it display all plugin installed made by QTextCodecPlugin. And
this dialog can set plugin's priority respectively.

This structure enable a highly accurate auto-detecting for user, and each
plugin doesn't need highly accurate auto-detect.
If a plugin a user want to use isn't highly accurate auto-detecting, someone
will want to improve that plugin. In this structure, it is important point
too that user can know auto-detecting code consits of plugin. The user who
want to improve plugin can know easily where is no good, and he can easily
customise code. This structure urge a user to improve code.

If text code auto-detect become practical use, I can see all homepage of
the world and can know html image what each country's people see.

Thank you.