List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: ~/.qt/qtrc foreign style support
From:       Karol Szwed <gallium () physos ! info>
Date:       2002-02-22 2:39:15

On Thursday 21 February 2002 10:25 pm, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
>On February 21, 2002 03:34 pm, Waldo Bastian wrote:
>> Has someone already done anything with this?

[snip]
> - the current style kcontrol is very unfinished. the version in
>kdebase/kcontrol/style has a rather slick interface and is quite complete.
>some internals regarding how/where it saves the data may need to be adjusted
>though.

kcontrol/style still has a few issues of its own, including:
- It doesn't use krdb yet (which is easily fixed).
- Setting changes are not applied intelligently (again, easily fixed).
- There are no QWhatsThis items... and its probably too late to add these now.
- As Aaron says, some internals may need to be altered to place less bias on
QSettings.

If we can still manage to squeeze in a few new strings in for 3.0 (I can see
the flames already), I'm happy to fix all of these issues and use
kcontrol/style instead. Otherwise, we'll postpone using it until 3.1.

Cheers,
Karol.