List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kdebase/konqueror/KonquerorIface.cc and DCOPRef
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2002-02-22 1:31:06

On Friday 22 February 2002 02:17, Lubos Lunak wrote:

>  Hello,
>
>  when talking to Waldo today he said that DCOP is reentrant and I recalled
> that I saw somewhere a note complaining it isn't. And the place is %subj%. I
> tried changing it back (basically it's reverting r1.19) and it seems to work.
> Could somebody who knows what it's all about check it and commit it?

Looks good, but expect to hear very bad words from me if this leads to the
occasional "can't start konqueror from kicker" bug reports again..... ;)

One thing to test is launching konq for a first time user - for some reason it
created problems. Can't remember the other bug reports, but this was evil
stuff for sure... I'm not looking forward to such problems again ;)
At least khelpcenter doesn't use konq anymore, so that's one source
of problems less. Hmm, I thought I saw some problems after the
DCOP re-entrancy fixes, but cvs log says the contrary. Ok then.

http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~david, http://www.konqueror.org
KDE 3.0: Konquering the Desktops