List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: Recent CVS: No KDE styles anymore
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () olympusproject ! org>
Date:       2002-02-03 8:30:13

On February 3, 2002 03:55 am, Volker Augustin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> > Unless the user has edited his ~/.qt/qtrc the library path will not
> > contain the kde installation directory, where the highcolor style
> > can be found.
>
> How would ~/.qt/qtrc have to be edited? At the moment it just
> contains the following. No path to anything.

you can use qtconfig for now ... what needs to happen is one of the following:

 o the appropriate kcms need to be modified to interact with the qtrc file
 o qt needs to be more aware of KDE, by something like the Qt/KDE plugin
Matthias Ettrich wrote about recently

I've written Matthias privately for more information on the
feasability/reality of the latter option and have yet to get any response
back. :/

there was a rather lengthy thread on this earlier that discussed this in
detail under the subject "style, color and font changes: now or after
RC1/beta2?" ...

--
Aaron Seigo