List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: PATCH: Re: kdelibs/kdeui
From:       Simon Hausmann <hausmann () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-01-30 8:48:42

On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 09:38:27PM -0500, Ellis Whitehead wrote:
> This patch has KAction::~KAction() call unplugAll() to remove itself from any
> menu or toolbar it's in.

I remember we had trouble with that, and Waldo also remembered that
we had this in some 2.x version and had a lot of bug reports about
this one. In addtion it doesn't work quite the way one would expect
as calling that virtual method will only do half of the job by
calling only KAction's own unplugAll(). (see previous threads on
kde-core-devel about this problem)

I think it's better to leave this out from the beta. Do you know any
specific application where this was needed?

Simon