List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: PATCH - Disable All Sounds button in System Notifications
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-01-29 23:49:49

On Tuesday 29 January 2002 02:52 pm, Neil Stevens wrote:
> This patch adds a button to Disable all sounds in the System Notifications
> (knotify) kcontrol module.
>
> Try disabling all the sounds for yourself, to see why this is needed.

I think something like this is very much needed, but I see two problems with
having a pushbutton:
* There is no indication that something has happened when you click on the
button.
* There is hardly a way to re-enable the sounds once you have clicked the
button, especially since there is no "Defaults" button.

Not sure what would be better though.. maybe a checkbox?

Cheers,
Waldo
--
bastian@kde.org  |   SuSE Labs KDE Developer  |  bastian@suse.com