List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: style, color and font changes: now or after RC1/beta2?
From:       Navindra Umanee <navindra () cs ! mcgill ! ca>
Date:       2002-01-29 6:05:33

Waldo Bastian <bastian@kde.org> wrote:
> I think we should treat Qt just as we treat GTK. Upon start we can
> write out a .qtrc based on the values that we read from our own
> config files, just as we do with a .gtkrc.  KDE applications will
> continue to read their settings directly from their own config
> files, and Qt-only applications can then rely on .qtrc.

which is just about consistent with:

<matthias_ettrich>
Hmm, but isn't the other way round much more important? When we change
colors/style/fonts in KControl, Qt-only application should change as well. In
other words: we should do what qtconfig does _in_addition_ to what we do for
KDE applciations.

qtconfig really is a poor-man's KControl for Qt applications for those not
running KDE.
</matthias_ettrich>

ie. even someone from trolltech doesn't advocate switching KDE to use
the qtconfig mechanism...  just thought i'd point that out.