List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: style, color and font changes: now or after RC1/beta2?
From:       Simon Hausmann <hausmann () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-01-28 23:57:19

On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 03:43:05PM -0800, Neil Stevens wrote:
> > I would love to discuss a solution together with TrollTech but so far
> > they do not seem to be interested in this issue.
>
> Just a little reminder - QApplication::setStyle does exist, free of the
> unload issues, because it knows nothing about libraries.

I think it would be helpful if a plugin could specify whether it
supports unloading or not. KLibLoader for example checks for the
existance of a __kde_do_not_unload symbol. Maybe a QWidgetPlugin
approach could be a long the lines of this:

(modification of the already existing QWidgetPluginPrivate::canUnload
method)

bool QWidgetPluginPrivate::canUnload() const
{
    if ( !widgets.isEmpty() )
        return false;

    QVariant unload = plugin->property( "canUnloadPlugin" );
    if ( !unload.isValid() )
        return true;

    return unload.toBool();
}