On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 03:43:05PM -0800, Neil Stevens wrote: > > I would love to discuss a solution together with TrollTech but so far > > they do not seem to be interested in this issue. > > Just a little reminder - QApplication::setStyle does exist, free of the > unload issues, because it knows nothing about libraries. I think it would be helpful if a plugin could specify whether it supports unloading or not. KLibLoader for example checks for the existance of a __kde_do_not_unload symbol. Maybe a QWidgetPlugin approach could be a long the lines of this: (modification of the already existing QWidgetPluginPrivate::canUnload method) bool QWidgetPluginPrivate::canUnload() const { if ( !widgets.isEmpty() ) return false; QVariant unload = plugin->property( "canUnloadPlugin" ); if ( !unload.isValid() ) return true; return unload.toBool(); } Any comments from the Trolls? :-} Simon