List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    How to recognize unfriendly closing of network connections?
From:       Mirko Boehm <mirko.boehm () home ! com>
Date:       2002-01-26 20:08:04

Hi guys,

this situation must have been adressed earlier in kio, konqueror, kmail
and whatsoever, but I did not find any hint.

When a network connection is closed in a controlled manner, I can take
care of closing the other end by means of the protocol, for example. But
what if the program holding the connection exits because of a seg fault,
for example? When I send data to the connection, I will receive a
SIG_PIPE. But I would like to receive a notice as soon as the program is
killed.

Any ideas?

Thanks, --Mirko.