List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Required Qt version for the Beta 2
From:       Dirk Mueller <mueller () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-01-26 18:34:30

On Sam, 26 Jan 2002, Ingo Klöcker wrote:

> I wondered which Qt version will be recommended for the Beta 2 builds?
> Qt 3.0.1 is already quite old and has some bugs for which fixes have
> gone into qt-copy (and those fixes will hopefully also be included in
> Qt 3.0.2). As some programs probably rely on these fixes building the
> Beta 2 packages with the official release of Qt 3.0.1 is a bad idea.
> Does anyone know when Qt 3.0.2 will be released?

Thats a good question. My crystal ball doesn't tell me that either.

All I can do is either update qt-copy to current rsync and hope that its
close to 3.0.2 or simply recommend 3.0.1 in the hope that the bugfix release
of Qt doesn't introduce new problems.

comments ? I can do the update tonight but the question is how many would
have recompiled then till monday and fixed the new breakages in KDE..

Dirk