List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    API: KAction
From:       Lubos Lunak <l.lunak () sh ! cvut ! cz>
Date:       2002-01-24 15:24:54

 Hello,

 could somebody who really understands KAction classes have a look at its
API? While doing QIconSet->icon name changes I've noticed some things I don't
like much:

 - almost every method there is virtual, and some of the virtual methods are
called already from constructors. Also, IMHO some of the virtual methods are
actually invariants, why should isPlugged(), whatsThis(), isEnabled() or
hasIconSet() be virtual? I may be missing something here though. Even some
set*() methods probably don't need to be virtual, given the fact that the
base class does most of the job even for it's derived classes
- setGroup() - I think the comment ' // DO SOMETHING' says it
- isConfigurable() - I'd suggest rather calling this isShortcutConfigurable()
- shouldn't that bunch of @obsolete constructors be avalable only without
KDE_NO_COMPAT?
- there are methods in KActionCollection that are protected: with
KDE_NO_COMPAT and public: without - consult the 'You cannot ...' paragraph in
the binary compat doc for details

 I'll also (most probably tomorrow) commit changes for using icon names
instead of QIconSet and will use #ifndef KDE_NO_COMPAT for all constructors
taking directly QIconSet.

--
 Lubos Lunak
 llunak@suse.cz ; l.lunak@kde.org