List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: --enable-debug, again
From:       Dirk Mueller <mueller () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-01-23 22:41:47

On Mit, 23 Jan 2002, Charles Samuels wrote:

> Not really, because it's not hard to compile 3 cvs modules (kdelibs, kdebase
> and kdemultimedia) "By hand"  what is difficult is to have to remember that I
> can't debug even if I use --enable-debug

euhm, still, you type these things by hand ??? you're having too much time ?
:)

it should be the minimum to set up an alias in your shell, like

alias kdeconfig="rm -rf bgcc; mkdir bgcc; cd bgcc && ../configure
--enable-debug=full"

The reason I don't want to change it is that --enable-debug is sort of
standard in almost all packages I know, and it results in a "-g". I don't
want to change the well-known meaning of such a switch.

maybe --enable-debug=full is not the best choice. --enable-fulldebug ?

Dirk