List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: roadmap 3.0
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2002-01-23 16:31:11

On Wednesday 23 January 2002 17:14, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just updated the release plan located at
>
> http://developer.kde.org/development-versions/kde-3.0-release-plan.html
>
> below the interesting things as request for comments:
>
> - The next release is labeled release candidate 1. It will be tagged
>   and packaged on the next Monday. From that point on the CVS HEAD
>   goes into deep freeze period, that means any nontrivial patch to
>   kdelibs / kdebase has to be reviewed by at least another developer.
>
> - March 8th is the deadline for 3.0 final. I'll create the tarballs on that
>   day. packagers have time till 18th to prepare convenience binary packages
>   for the users.
>
> Opinions, comments welcome,

I don't think release candidate is the right term, for something that gets out
more than a month before the final release.

To me, _release candidate_ means: if there's nothing really wrong in it we'll
release it "as is".

IMHO this is more like a beta-2. There _will_ be changes (fixes) between that
release and the final one, we can be sure of that.

http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~david, http://www.konqueror.org
KDE 3.0: Konquering the Desktops