On Wednesday 23 January 2002 17:14, Dirk Mueller wrote: > Hi, > > I've just updated the release plan located at > > http://developer.kde.org/development-versions/kde-3.0-release-plan.html > > below the interesting things as request for comments: > > - The next release is labeled release candidate 1. It will be tagged > and packaged on the next Monday. From that point on the CVS HEAD > goes into deep freeze period, that means any nontrivial patch to > kdelibs / kdebase has to be reviewed by at least another developer. > > - March 8th is the deadline for 3.0 final. I'll create the tarballs on that > day. packagers have time till 18th to prepare convenience binary packages > for the users. > > Opinions, comments welcome, I don't think release candidate is the right term, for something that gets out more than a month before the final release. To me, _release candidate_ means: if there's nothing really wrong in it we'll release it "as is". IMHO this is more like a beta-2. There _will_ be changes (fixes) between that release and the final one, we can be sure of that. -- David FAURE, david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~david, http://www.konqueror.org KDE 3.0: Konquering the Desktops