List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: todo before KDE3?
From:       Holger Freyther <freyther () gmx ! net>
Date:       2002-01-22 17:39:50

Am Dienstag, 22. Januar 2002 14:58 schrieb Dirk Mueller:
> On Die, 22 Jan 2002, Matthias Ettrich wrote:
> > qtconfig really is a poor-man's KControl for Qt applications for those
> > not running KDE.
>
> Sure, but it would be really cool if both respect and react to each other.

I had a look at it. General-Widget-Settings does write the QSettings but
doesn't call x11_apply_settings.
I talked with tap on irc a while ago about it. We came to the conclusion that
saying a user to use qtconfig is bad(tm). I added locally checkboxes ("apply
to qt as well") to kcmfont, kcmcolors and general which then wrote the
QSettings and called x11_apply_settings. bad I dropped it for a reason I
don't remember.
What we would need is a "gateway" in kapplication. which maps kipc to
x11_apply_settings and vice versa. Where I don't know how to the 2nd part.
The KCModules should write the QSettings as well (where colors does have a
different naming scheme. But it maps almost 1:1 to the qt one ) and then do
the normal KIPC which does the x11_apply_settings.
Or the kcmodules call x11_apply_settings themselve.

Just my  0.02Euro

Holger