List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: todo before KDE3?
From:       Lubos Lunak <l.lunak () sh ! cvut ! cz>
Date:       2002-01-21 15:41:08

On Mon 21. January 2002 16:09, Holger Freyther wrote:
> Hi all,
> I had a quick look at kdelibs/kdecore, kdeui and kded and some issues I
> would like to talk about.
> One general item is on my list is what is if we've a *Private defined but
> have private members not in the Private class? Should we move them to the
> Private class?

 No, the other way around, if possible. If there's a class where members from
its *Private can be moved directly to the class, do it, and if you can move
them all, don't allocate *Private at all in the constructor, only keep the
pointer in the class. We're already slow enough.
 There are of course cases when some member shouldn't be better visible at
all in the .h file. Oh well.

--
 Lubos Lunak
 llunak@suse.cz ; l.lunak@kde.org