List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: todo before KDE3?
From:       Holger Freyther <freyther () gmx ! net>
Date:       2002-01-21 16:16:52

Am Montag, 21. Januar 2002 17:03 schrieb David Faure:
> On Monday 21 January 2002 16:42, Holger Freyther wrote:
> > > It's not too hard to go from one to the other, so I don't know.
> > > (although if we can avoid doing many calculations just to go
> > > time_t -> QDateTime -> time_t, we might as well ;)
> >
> > ???
>
> I meant, the caller doesn't necessarily want to put it into a QDateTime.
so then we should have either KDateTime or add a convience function to do the
conversion from time_t to QDateTime and vice versa.

> > > !? Where's that ?
> >
> > it's in kaboutdialog.h
>
> Sounds like we could move it to a kaboutdialog_p.h indeed
> (or to the top of kaboutdialog.cpp, less clean).
> Unless there are people who inherit KAboutDialog and need to access this ?
> I doubt it.
I'm for moving it out of kaboutdialog.h.
Hmmm if kaboutdialog_p.h is getting installed we should move it there but
also change the api. Private API is no excuse to break api consitency....

Holger (who is getting a nitpicker too...:( )