List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: [RFC] KMenu tidy up post KDE 3.0
From:       Alexander Kellett <kelletta () eidetica ! com>
Date:       2002-01-18 20:09:46

On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 08:01:31PM +0000, Chris Howells wrote:
> The KMenu is currently a rather untidy mess. It's very hard to find anything,
> since there are long lists of programs in the sub-menus.

Very much agreed. Nice proposal.

> Internet ->
> 	Tools (nmapfe, kppp, etc)
> 	Mail/News (Konqueror, KMail, Mozilla, etc)
> 	Instant Messenger (ksirc, kit, xchat, etc)
>
> Of course I haven't listed all applications -- although hopefully this will
> give you a flavour of the proposals.

Very nice, how about also having a double-click on any one of the
submenus headers execute the "default" item under that menu. It could
for example display "Internet (Konqueror)" if that is the users most
commonly used application. (and make the default item use a bold faced
font in the actual menu). Oh, and of couurse, while all this is going
on, pleeeaase can it be made to do drag & drop like the "good ole'" win
start menu?

Which reminds me, how about making the position of the last used
apps user configurable? I'd really like to have it quite near the
bottom.

mvg,
Alex

--
Eidetica                                                  Alexander Kellett
Kruislaan 400                                       [kelletta@eidetica.com]

vim: tw=70 cindent!