List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Support for animated icons (on mouseover)
From:       Dirk Mueller <mueller () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-01-17 21:39:12

On Don, 17 Jan 2002, David Faure wrote:

> Tackat promised he would make animations in the 3 available icon sizes.
> This isn't a bug in my patch - the iconloader has been made tolerant about
> icon sizes on purpose.

Yeah, not a problem for fixed size icons - but here its not useful.

> However this brings us back to the problem of rewinding the movie from any
> position to position 0, which Waldo said MNG had problems with.
> Hmm. I see QMovie::restart(). That needs to be tested.

because of a QMovie design error restarting is trivial. it simple reparses
everything. thats the reason why it is slow in khtml. Although if it doesn't
get a buffered source it will simple reload it from disk and we gain
nothing. hmm.

it would have the advantage to get rid of the Qmovie pointer in *item
though.

> Well, I'll invest time into this only if it has any chance of going in (I
> know, chicken and egg problem now ;)....

I'm fine with it if it works right.

Dirk