List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Support for animated icons (on mouseover)
From:       Guillaume Laurent <glaurent () telegraph-road ! org>
Date:       2002-01-17 14:14:13

On Thursday 17 January 2002 14:53, Neil Stevens wrote:

> Where on earth have you been since KDE 2.0, when hundreds of users have
> complained again, and again, and again, at the insane jump in cpu usage
> that the (also QMovie) animated images in Konq?

Don't you think there's a slight difference between the large animations one
can find on a web page and one you could do on a 32x32 icon ?

Honestly, if you can find a single desktop machine produced in the last 10
years where a 32x32 animation is even measurable (let alone perceivable) in
terms of CPU or RAM usage, I'll be quite amazed.

--
Guillaume
http://www.telegraph-road.org