List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Support for animated icons (on mouseover)
From:       Neil Stevens <neil () qualityassistant ! com>
Date:       2002-01-17 13:53:20

On Thursday January 17, 2002 05:44, David Faure wrote:
> > I have to try it to want it defaulted off?  I can't apply common
> > sense, and experience with other animations locking up my XServer?
>
> This is about changing the icon's pixmap, a simple
> QIconViewItem::setPixmap()! How is this going to lock up your X server
> ??????

Where on earth have you been since KDE 2.0, when hundreds of users have
complained again, and again, and again, at the insane jump in cpu usage
that the (also QMovie) animated images in Konq?

> /me really irritated at so much nonsense now

Uh huh, nonsense.  Because I dare to question one of our oh-so-precious
artist's demands? Give me a break.

Forget I said anything.  Shove whatever garbage you want in by default
after the freeze, I won't say another word about it.

--
Neil Stevens
neil@qualityassistant.com

Don't think of a bug as a problem.  Think of it as a call to action.