List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    3.0 RELEASE: Heading RC1
From:       Dirk Mueller <mueller () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-01-17 13:37:34

Hi,

Its becoming urgent to recheck the feature plan, there are still red entries
on the list:

- Arts

- Keyboard stuff (KAccel and friends)

- Those listed under kdelibs.

- khtml.

( http://developer.kde.org/development-versions/kde-3.0-features.html )

There is the noatun part as well which is big. Charles, any insight ?

Please, those who added these entries recheck them and move them to the
right status or 3.1-feature plan (send me a patch if you don't have karma).

The entries I don't hear about will die somewhen during this weekend.

Given that we have to care about binary compatibility starting with the 3.0
release, I would like to suggest a review of the KDE 3.0 API for the next
few days. I would like to ask you if possible to check those classes you did
_not_ mainly write yourself first, because one usually finds more errors
in others code as in your own.

Please check the following:

- license headers.

- Private class pointers where they could be required later

- ### KDE3 FIXME's in the code.

- braindamages in the API

- incompatible method / variable naming sheme to the rest of KDE / Qt.

- methods that are virtual which shouldn't be virtual, methods
  that are not virtual but might be handy to be virtual, methods
  that are inline and might require being non-inline later and similiar.

- namespace breakages. publically exported classes, global variables not
  starting with "K".

When you reviewed a class, please add a "//REVISED: <your-cvs-account-name>"
comment in front of the class declaration.

It would be great if we could find some people having time for this browsing
of the installed header files and fixing the most obvious problems. I will
try to help as much as possible, but I'm really busy with getting khtml in
shape :)

To make things easier, I suggest not to care about "BIC-changes only on
fridays" for now.

Thanks for reading,

Dirk