List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: RELEASE DUDE: Re: Support for animated icons (on mouseover)
From:       Ralf Nolden <nolden () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-01-17 9:50:39

On Thursday, 17. January 2002 02:00, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> Now I didn't define "reviewal", and it doesn't mean "depends on what the
> release dude says", especially as I don't feel capable of deciding
> myself about some of the questions I get asked (i.e. because I don't know
> that specific code).
>
> Instead I'd like to suggest the following rules / procedure, which also
> worked well in the past:
>
> - posting of a patch with a short description, and if the are "enough"
>   pro the patch and it was tested, then go ahead.
I'm pro this patch as it gives us the capability to preserve binary
compatibility over the 3.x lifecycle and to have a feature that will bring us
on the very top of what people are criticising us: missing eyecandy.  That's
what people want, and that feature makes a *LOT* of things possible for
artists, whose needs we often don't regard enough.

Ralf

PS: Dirk, I want to tell you a big *thank you* for the great job you're
doing. I think that needs to be said once in a while.