List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: "Autorun" mechanism in KDE
From:       Matthias Hoelzer-Kluepfel <mhk () caldera ! de>
Date:       2002-01-17 9:15:54

On Wednesday 16 January 2002 23:26, Andreas Pour wrote:

> > Is there a feature like this available in KDE? if not - does someone
> > think to implement it?
>
> There used to be "kautorun" for KDE 1
> (http://apps.kde.com/nfinfo.php?app=kautorun).  All it takes is for a
> daemon (not another one!) to monitor when something is mounted and then
> check for a list of files on the CD and, if there, "auto-execute" it (or
> maybe ask the user).

Hi,

I an right now working on a replacement for kautorun for KDE 2.0. It is based
on the hotplug package we use in COL 3.1 and 3.1.1., but I have spent quite
some time to remove some of the Caldera specifics (and some of the Linux
specifics as well).

I hope that I have something to show soon :)

Bye,
Matthias.