List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    KDE Menu clean up.
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-01-15 7:54:01

Most of the KDE Menu has been cleaned up wrt Name / Comment entries. I hope it
has become more bearable now.

On my todo list for tomorrow are the modules:
kdevelop (1 file?)
koffice (seems ok already)
quanta

So most of it has been done already.

Please review carefully (e.g. update and look at your KDE Menu), it's not
always easy to come up with terse descriptive phrases.

Two toughts occured while doing this:

1) For certain directories we might want to supress the comment. E.g. for all
of the sub-menus of "Preferences". For some menus it might make sense to
supress certain comments... e.g. all entries in the menu "Editors" have as
comment "Text Editor" that might be rather redundant, so maybe we should make
it possible to suppress the comment if it reads "Text Editor" in the
"Editors" menu by adding something along those lines to the Editors/.desktop
file.

2) I think the KDE menu would look a lot better if the name was left-aligned
and the comment was right-aligned.

Cheers,
Waldo
--