List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: CVS issues
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () planescape ! com>
Date:       2002-01-05 14:37:32

On Sat, Jan 05, 2002 at 02:32:19PM +0100, Simon Hausmann wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 05, 2002 at 11:51:26AM +0100, Ralf Nolden wrote:
> > a) The K menu. The entries show now, by default, as a combination of the
> > program plus the tooltip in the form of e.g.
> >
> > Control Center (bla foo the place where bla)
> >
> > That makes it unnecessarily longer and the mouse movements to get to the next
> > level of menus far longer, besides on deeply structured menus, the menus will
> > cover the whole screen where they formerly didn't. Could this be reverted, or
> > if that is a feature, made configurable and disabled by default ?
>
> I second that. I use KDE with a 800x600 resolution and the K menu is almost
> unusable now :-} . How about enabling it only for a desktop()->width() > 800
> or the like?

Hmm, on 1600x1200 it still looks silly...

I remember a message a long time ago which said something along the lines of
a config option like:
  %n (%C)
which would represent the current solution.
With at least
    %n translated name
    %N application name (filename)
    %c comment
    %t type (web browser/email reader etc)
maybe there were more.

Anyway the current way produces way to long names and I think the comments
should go, maybe putting them in a popup is a nice way to go.

Thanx.