List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Print Manager should not be moved to kcontrol "Peripherals"!
From:       Martijn Klingens <mklingens () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-01-03 22:42:07

On Thursday 03 January 2002 11:26, Michael Goffioul wrote:
> > But don't put it at the top level without Michael Goffiouls
> > acknowledgment beforehand; he told me he'd need to do some code changes
> > for this (even as he likes the idea, this would take some time).
>
> Indeed, either you consider a "Printing" top dir in KControl containing
> sub-modules (which then needs to split the monolithic manager, to adapt the
> code and couldn't be done for 3.0), or you put the monolithic manager at
> top level but this doesn't follow the current structure where all modules
> are included in some sections (though I don't know the policy).

What about moving the module back to 'system' where it was for 3.0, so we
don't change behaviour, and introduce a top-level "Printing" branch with the
manager split up in KDE 3.1?

One could argue that we could leave it in 'preipherals' for 3.0, but then the
module would move in 3 successive versions (2.2, 3.0, 3.1), which is of
course not good.

I can't remember the top-level 'printing' branch in the earlier discussion,
actually, but I like the idea. Are there any opposers to it?

Martijn