List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    KAccel nuisance
From:       Ellis Whitehead <kde () ellisw ! net>
Date:       2002-01-01 9:22:03

Hi,

There is currently an annoying bug in the whole KAccel thing, where pressing
certain keys pops up a floating menu with the action's name on it rather than
just executing the action.  This is caused in part by what I consider to be a
short-coming in KAction, where all action accelerators are thrown into one
application-wide KAccel object, regardless of whether the action is really a
part of the application or just belongs to a briefly displayed dialog box.
The Qt framework does not do this, and neither should we -- each QPopupMenu,
for example, gets a separate QAccel object.

Anyhow, I didn't originally design KAccel with conflicting insertions and
repeated re-deletions in mind.  It won't be hard to get around, but I've got
to go to sleep, so I appologize to those whose Alt+Left/Right shortcuts stop
working correctly after opening a File Open dialog (or instance). :(

G'night,
Ellis

P.S. Setting multi-key global shortcuts doesn't work entirely correctly yet.