List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE 2 Clipboard behavior available
From:       Neil Stevens <neil () qualityassistant ! com>
Date:       2001-12-31 20:17:16

On Monday December 31, 2001 10:53, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On Monday 31 December 2001 01:48 am, Neil Stevens wrote:
> > Now that Klipper can restore the KDE 2 clipboard behavior (where
> > clipboard == selection), can we have a KTip that lets people know
> > this?  Something like
> >
> > "KDE 3 is now ICCCM compliant in its clipboard handling.  To revert to
> > the KDE 2 behavior, use Klipper to synchronize the clipboard and the
> > selection.  Access Klipper by clicking the clipboard icon in your
> > panel."
>
> I don't think that very many people know what "ICCCM compliant" means. I
> think you will have to explain the difference between selection and
> clipboard.

Even for those who don't know what the thing means, they will get the
point that the clipboard handling has changed.  And now that the clipboard
handling has changed, there are going to be people who want the old
setting back.  Do you think that this tip will get that point across, that
klipper will let them do it?  That's the real goal here, not to give a
lecture on some X11R6 document.

--
Neil Stevens
neil@qualityassistant.com

Don't think of a bug as a problem.  Think of it as a call to action.