List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KAction/KGuiItem and iconset/iconname
From:       Martijn Klingens <mklingens () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-12-28 2:34:53

On Friday 28 December 2001 02:19, David Faure wrote:
> Yes. I'm all for removing bloated QIconSet from KAction, although I don't
> know how much this will break.

When I discussed this with Lubos on IRC I did a quick grep on kdelibs and
kdebase and I couldn't find *any* code beyond KAction/KGuiItem use it. Most
code probably does just KAction::plug() and doesn't bother about the iconset
itself in any way.

> Conceptually, every app should really pass the icon _name_ to KAction ;
> any app not doing so (because copying pre-2.0 code, which unfortunately
> happens too often), ends up with broken icons at some sizes, IIRC.

Sort of. You would get an icon in the wrong size that needs manual scaling.

Martijn