List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    KLibLoader and kicker
From:       John Firebaugh <jfirebaugh () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-12-27 23:57:34

I've just committed some code that replaces the plugin loading code in kicker
with KLibLoader (though not with KLibFactory, for reasons of source
compatibility with plugins). This seems to work fine, with the notable
exception of the childpanelextension plugin. This plugin is dependent on
kicker.so. When KLibLoader tries to load libchildpanelextension, this error
occurs:

kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: library=libchildpanelextension:
file=/opt/kde-cvs/lib/libchildpanelextension.la:
/opt/kde-cvs/lib/libchildpanelextension.so.1: undefined symbol:
addApplet__13ContainerAreaRC7QStringb

If I rerun kdeinit in a konsole and restart kicker, the child panel library
loads fine. This leads me to believe that my LD_LIBRARY_PATH is being setup
wrong, but it seems to always include $KDEDIR/lib.

Do other people have this problem? Am I doing something wrong in the code or
is my environment screwed up?

-John