I've just committed some code that replaces the plugin loading code in kicker with KLibLoader (though not with KLibFactory, for reasons of source compatibility with plugins). This seems to work fine, with the notable exception of the childpanelextension plugin. This plugin is dependent on kicker.so. When KLibLoader tries to load libchildpanelextension, this error occurs: kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: library=libchildpanelextension: file=/opt/kde-cvs/lib/libchildpanelextension.la: /opt/kde-cvs/lib/libchildpanelextension.so.1: undefined symbol: addApplet__13ContainerAreaRC7QStringb If I rerun kdeinit in a konsole and restart kicker, the child panel library loads fine. This leads me to believe that my LD_LIBRARY_PATH is being setup wrong, but it seems to always include $KDEDIR/lib. Do other people have this problem? Am I doing something wrong in the code or is my environment screwed up? -John